Monday, November 19, 2007

Lovely new camera and the Upcoming Holiday

After 2.5 months of complaining about our new digital camera taking really crappy, blurry, washed out pictures of our precious baby girl... I decided to invest in a digital SLR camera. I asked a few of my photographer friends their advice and decided to go with a Canon Rebel xti and I love it. Its a lot like my old Canon SLR I got right out of college so the controls and the feel of it are very familiar. I can't wait to play around with it but Im already so happy with the few pictures I've taken of the babe. They're so clear and crisp. Sorry crappy Sony - but you've been banished to the diaper bag for emergency situations only.



So are you ready for Thanksgiving? We are definitely enjoying the fall colors and the somewhat cooler temps, but I have to say- Thanksgiving snuck up on us this year. We are happy that we have family coming to us for the weekend but with that comes the responsibility of cooking dinner. I'm sure it'll all work out just fine, but there's always some nervousness and anticipation with cooking the bulk of Thanksgiving dinner yourself (and nursing and generally taking care of a 3 month old at the same time). I'm certainly no cook. I enjoy cooking when I am inspired to try a new recipe I see in a magazine or to bring something to an event but I'm not really a big dinner kind of a cook. I hope mom doesn't mind having me on speakerphone for most of the morning. Just go ahead and open your phone lines from 9am-noon mom... thanks! Wish me luck!

No comments: