Here are a few that I've thought of:
- Opening up new PJs on Christmas Eve to wear that night
- Going to Christmas Eve church service (I guess it depends on where we are)
- Maddie will get a new ornament each year that will be hers when she is an adult (I want to try to get an ornament that has a special meaning and write down what that is so she'll have it to cherish)
- Doing at least one community service event each December
- Picture with Santa every year
- Hosting a holiday gathering for friends
- Giving homemade gifts to the neighbors
- Making a gingerbread house (we did this a few years ago with my mom and it was SO much fun!)
- Watching all of the classics - Charlie Brown, the Grinch, etc.
What traditions do you and your family have? Id LOVE to hear them!
3 comments:
Tay has a new pair of PJs that she opens on Christmas Eve as well. Also I have bought her an ornament every yr with the yr on it. I make sure that we give to a Charity of some sort, usually its a food bank or something similar, but Tay always enjoys giving a few dollars to the cute little lady who rings the bell for the Salvation Army.SHe's been doing it for years, and always recognizes Tay.
Hey guys! I love checking in on you and see how big Madelyn is getting! One of our traditions (just me and Joel) is getting in the car and driving around to look at Christmas lights and decoration. We take some hot chocolate (or stop and get Starbucks if I'm lucky) and listen to Christmas music while driving around. Hope you have a great Christmas!
the day after thansgiving only 103.3 fm is on in my car...Christmas carols til the 25th...like it or not(its usually not)...but it lessens the commercialism of the holidays for me...and lets not forget bake cookies for santa!!!
Post a Comment