Sunday, October 14, 2007

What a weekend!

Wow, what a great weekend!! My BFF Kristin came all the way from Boston to visit us for the weekend and we had such a great time. She had been to Atlanta before but had never been to our house - so it was fun to show her around the area a little ... but most of all she came to meet our little Maddie. She was such a help to have around! It was so nice to have an expert mommy-of-two around to hold and cuddle with Maddie. She even carried my diaper bag and pushed the stroller when needed! So nice!

Kris spent lots and lots of time sitting with and cuddling with Maddie, which Miss M loved of course. Tucker also loved the extra attention. (Jim and I loved the free time)


And she came bearing gifts!! She brought Maddie the CUTEST little wool hat for winter. Here's a pic of Daddy and Maddie showing off her new hat. You can't see it, but it has her name in little beads attached to the top.

Because Kristin was here to keep my occupied- Jim got to play 9 holes of golf with some friends Saturday morning. We took this picture to make Kris's husband jealous (sorry JP). You can tell by the thumbs up that he's happy.



Ok - back to us girls. On Friday night, Kristin and I went our for a quasi girls night. I saw quasi because we actually came home early to watch the Red Sox game. We went out to dinner at Feast and then to an amazing place called The Chocolate Bar. I had been waiting for Kristin to visit to go. I knew she loves chocolate as much as I do. Its a bar that serves decadent chocolate desserts with amazing chocolate inspired drinks. They were sooo good. It really hit the spot and I'm so glad I got to go with her.


Just look at these drinks! Too die for.

On Saturday we went to the Oakhurt Arts and Music Festival. I wasn't quite sure what to expect because I hadn't been before but I thought the artists were really great and the music that we heard while walking around was really good too. The weather was perfect- sunny and low 70's. We had lunch at Universal Joint (for the second time in two days... sorry Kris!) and browsed the crafts. We of course walked away with some cute things.


Trying to keep Maddie occupied while we waited forever for our food.

On Saturday night we went to the Howards for some homemade BBQ. Jim brought his famous coleslaw and pimento cheese which was a hit and the rest of the food was perfect. The Lopez's were also there so got to spend time with them before the much anticipated birth of Baby Alexia! We can't wait! Here are a few good pics from the night.

Diego and el gato.

Diego and Mommy

Katie, Jim and Madelyn

Diego being as cute as can be.

Unfortunately, we had to say good-bye to Kris this morning. We loved having her here and can't wait to see her and the rest of her family at Christmastime! Thanks to JP for taking care of the kids and letting me spend some quality time with my girl. ;)

Bye-Bye Aunt Kristin! I'll miss you!

No comments: