Sorry I have no pics for this post... but Maddie took her first trip to my office for a post-baby Baby Shower. They had wanted to throw us one in August but our schedules all conflicted so we decided to wait til things calmed down after I had the baby. It worked out well because I was able to bring Maddie into the office and everyone loved meeting her. Like Sunday- she was passed around and passed around the entire time we were there and she loved it. She took it like a champ and was alert and peaceful. The only time she made a peep was when it was time to eat. After a bottle, she went right back to sleep.
My colleagues were so generous showering us with clothes and diapers (Size 2... phew) and all the essentials. We even had a beautiful cake that was in the shape of a big pink baby carriage and big "Its a Girl" balloons!!!
While I was there I also spoke with my boss about when I was going to come back and if I could come back part-time (I am extending my 90 day leave by 30 days). He was agreeable and actually said he had a feeling I was going to come back part-time. I asked him why and he said - "Well, if I had a baby... I wouldnt want to come back to work!" What a guy. I wish all men were that respectful of mothers and the importance of family. So, Im really pleased about the work situation. I never thought there would really be an issue with coming back part-time but until its official you just never know. Let's just hope the next 2 months go by VERRRYYY SLLOWWWWW.
1 comment:
Hi there! YES, of course I remember you guys! And I look at your blog ALL of the time (linked from the Linkers site as well - ha). Your little Maddie is so awesome, I love reading about your adventures. I thought about commenting on your site but wasn't sure if you remembered us, so glad you wrote!
Post a Comment