Tuesday, October 16, 2007

How Do These Photographers Do It?




As you can imagine, Jim and I have been picture happy with Madelyn always trying to capture her cute little faces that she makes or funny thing that she does and let me tell you, it has given me a whole new appreciation for professional photographers.

This series of pictures above is as many pictures as our poor little point and shoot camera could take -- as fast as it could take them and you'll see that in every frame she has a completely different face! Its amazing how quickly her faces change and really funny!

The purpose of this post was to show Baby Maddie finally starting to smile at us. I wouldn't say she's a smiley baby quite yet - but we can usually get her to smile at certain times of the day with enough coaxing (altough she certainly has to be in the mood).

You'll probably also notice how blurry the pictures are. Im really upset with our new digital camera that although we got it for free... is a $350.00 Sony camera. You'd think it would be able to take better pictures than these... in low light or not. So since we didn't pay anything for it Im thinking I might invest some money in a camera that will give me some better pics. I know that as Madelyn gets older I will want one and cameras are always a good investment. I'll need to hit up my photographer friends for their recommendations. If you have one- please post a comment
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Hi, I'm Randy Fink's step mother... I have enjoyed reading your blog(linked from Randy's) and I had to comment on the digital camera. I am a photographer at heart. If you do not have good lighting most digital camera's can not capture the image correctly. I paid over $1000 for mine and if i don't have enough light...forget it...they are blurry and i am very upset...I admit some camera's are better than others... But if you don't have a high ISO on your camera such as 3200 ....then blurry you will get... I have a Fuji Finepix f30 $299(not sold anymore but they have newer models)..and it has 3200 ISO...I get better low light pics with it than te $1000 camera.. So, if you want to buy one do some research and get the features you want...don't spend the money if you don't need too.. I hope i have helped...and you are still reading this...:)

Sherri Fink