Wow - I can't believe Madelyn is a month old. A part of me is so sad that she's already getting bigger and changing every day. But another part of me is excited for her to really smiling and being a little more interactive and is happy that we made it a whole month without breaking her.
She's doing so well. She is staying awake a little more between feedings and we're starting to see her personality a little more. It turns out she's not too big on falling asleep on her own - but we're working on it. She loves to flail her arms and legs around and makes funny faces to entertain her mom and dad.
She's become quite the baby around town. We've gone for a nice long walk to downtown Decatur where she and I had a mini shopping spree. All for her - of course (is there anyone else to buy for anymore?). She picked up a "Decatur Baby" onesie that she'll be able to wear in the spring. Gotta give props to the Dec.
This weekend we met our friends Katie and David for the Grant Park Tour of Homes where she toured some of the oldest (and coolest) homes in Atlanta from the comfort of her Baby Bjorn. The coolest home by far was a restored mansion once owned by a union general. I don't remember the guys name... Jim probably does. It had 33 rooms and a real well in the kitchen. The well was cool - but creepy. I kept waiting for that girl from the Ring to start crawling up it. Yikes. Maddie did great even though it was just too hot and humid to be outside. I guess she's getting used to life in the south at an early age. Sorry I dont have many pictures- I just took this one of us having a picnic in Grant Park. I meant to take more!
This week we met Carrie and her baby Jonah (who was born just five minutes after Maddie right down the hall) at Piedmont Park for a walk. Maddie was wide awake the entire time and actually cried the last 30 minutes of the walk. Aren't babies supposed to love getting walked in their strollers and sleep most of the time?
As for the rest of this week and weekend.... we've got a visit from Aunt Laura coming up! Woo hoo!!! Madelyn is very excited to meet one of her aunts (she's got four... what a lucky girl) who I know is going to spoil her rotten her entire life (if history serves).
2 comments:
I can confirm that!
Jen
At least Preston isn't the only baby who cries in his stroller on walks. :( Kids these days...
Post a Comment