Monday, August 27, 2007

This is it!!!!

I can't believe the day is finally here. We go into Northside tonight to get induced and Baby Girl will be here tomorrow (cross your fingers). We're packing and repacking our bags, cleaning the kitchen, cleaning the gutters (huh? i know - good question. Im watching Jim out the window now. Not quite sure why he picked that task to do right now... but Im not going to stop him), washing the sheets in the guest room/nursery for mom and dad, washing towels, going thru DVDs to bring to the hospital, paying bills that Ive neglected over the last week and doing my best to relax when I can because Im totally exhausted.

As much as Im ready - I know there are a few things I'll miss about being pregnant. They are:
  • Playing with her little tiny foot as she pokes it out of the top left side of my belly. That has been so much fun the past week or so. Its amazing.
  • The special treatment I get being pregnant. Just how helpful Jim has been the past few weeks alone is enough to make me want another one in the near future.
  • Meeting other people who are pregnant too and sharing that special bond with them. Its so cool.
  • Always having her with me no matter where I go.

Before I get too sad - let's talk about the things I won't miss:

  • Everything that comes with having gestational diabetes. (ie: not being able to eat my favorite foods, the insulin shots, the many many doctors appts)
  • The WEIGHT! Ugh. I can't stand being this heavy. My joints hurt, my feet hurt... my body was just not made to be this weight and it tells me so every day.
  • Not being able to sleep on my back or stomach. Im such a stomach sleeper!!
  • No sangrias or margaritas for 10 months!!

So we will be off to the hospital some time tonight and will start the Cervadil as soon as I get there. This might be enough to start labor. If it doesnt - we start the Pitocin tomorrow morning. Mom and Dad (soon to be known as Nana and Pop-Pops in the Herndon House) leave their house tomorrow morning and should arrive in Atlanta some time on Thursday. I can't wait to see them! And Tucker can't wait to see Crosby.

Stay tuned! The next post should be an exciting one!!!

3 comments:

Ellen and John said...

Good Luck! The Hamrick family is thinking about you.

Wintermute said...

best luck--the wintermutes are thinking of you from silver spring!

Ellen and John said...

Where are pictures of the baby? I have been anxiously waiting! I hope ya'll are doing well. I can't wait to meet baby Madilyn.

Ellen