Saturday, August 25, 2007

Holy Nesting!

I think I officially know what nesting feels like.

As you know if you read my last tiny post - I was up at 2am last night with heartburn. I think I finally made it back to sleep around 5am. I was waiting for the sun to come up and I don't remember seeing it so I think I fell asleep around then. I woke up at my normal time - 7:30am and have been up ever since. Jim and I ran some errands today and when I got home I realized I was really tired and thought I might be able to take a nap (I have a hard time taking naps in general - particularly since I've been prego). So I lie down on the couch and turn on Grease. Well - Jim has a way of being VERY LOUD when he is doing things around the house and he was coming in and out - in and out- of the livingroom getting various tools and things that he needed for some random chore he's doing (I say random because it has something to do with the A/C unit and collecting the condensation from it.... yeah, boring). The banging of the door was not condusive to napping. So I get my Shape magazine (can you tell I'm dying to get this extra weight off? I am. Im DYING) and head to the bedroom. I shut the door and lie in bed. Well, no sooner do I do that does Jim decide to come into the bedroom and change clothes. Then he decides that he is going to clean out the gutters outside of the bedroom and clean off the roof above the bedroom. I truly appreciate all the work Jim does around the house... but I would have been okay if this project had been put off til tomorrow. So... there was no napping for me.

On to my point. I decided I needed to clean out my closet (including all the shoes I had piled up on the floor of my closet) and my dresser and sort and organize all of my maternity clothes to either be given away or stored. I hate having a messy closet and it was getting a little out of control. Holy smokes! I was like the Tazmanian Devil. In about 2 hours, I took everything out and either folded it or hung it up. I got a storage container for my shoes that will go under our bed and I made a bag full of clothes to give to the church clothes closet. Im so happy! Im totally exhausted and I thought I was going to topple over a few times when I was trying to get myself off the floor... but its done!

I didn't think I would ever really nest because I've been so exhausted and it's been so hot but I think that qualifies.

My next goal is to clean out the fridge. I know my mom won't care - but I can't have my mom see a dirty fridge! Yikes. I'm going to try to do that tomorrow.

No comments: