I spent Wednesday afternoon trying to get my engagement ring and wedding band off. I had been trying to get the rings off casually for a few days and started to get nervous that although my hands are not considerably swollen - my rings were completely stuck and the skin underneath the rings was starting to get red and tender. I tried everything... lotion, oil, ice, soaking my hand in ice water for as long as I could stand, holding my hand over my head for awhile, wrapping my finger in dental floss to squeeze it (Jim found this one online) ... you name it. Nothing even came close to moving the ring past my fat knuckle. So, I started really freaking out. I love my rings and I couldn't imagine having them cut off. I would just die. The fact that Jim picked out my engagement ring all by himself and its perfect... I just couldn't imagine doing something like cutting it in two!! I know they can solder rings back together and they're good as new... but my pregnancy hormones just couldn't handle the thought of that. Anywhoo... I decided to try and put some Mederma on my skin under the ring because it was really get red and was hurting and I felt the engagement ring move a little in the process. Jim was in the shower, so I just gathered all my courage, smeared more Mederma over the rings and twisted and twisted until it came off!!!!!! OUCH!! I couldnt believe it. It hurt like heck- but I did it. Now - my wedding band is still on tight. I had to take a break. My poor finger was all red and chapped and swollen. I have full confidence that I'll be able to get if off at some point soon. Maybe this weekend. Swollen fingers crossed!
No comments:
Post a Comment