Jim and I cleaned out and said goodbye to the beloved Jetta today. We were told this week that the car was totaled - and the good news is that the insurance company gave us a more than fair settlement for the car. We are definitely happy about that, but I'm still really sad that I had to say goodbye to her. I thought we would sell her to some high school or college kid who would drive her for at least another 5-10 years. She only had 84K miles on her! She was very good to me too. Never had any major issues with her and only really brought her in for regular maintenance and standard replacements.
Is it weird that I have/had such an attachment to my car?? I had her longer than I've had Jim! I had tears in my eyes when Jim was taking off the license plate. I can blame it on pregnancy hormones, right?
So, we're now a one car family. We're going car shopping this weekend to see what we see. I'm not looking forward to it, but I know it needs to be done.
Is it weird that I have/had such an attachment to my car?? I had her longer than I've had Jim! I had tears in my eyes when Jim was taking off the license plate. I can blame it on pregnancy hormones, right?
So, we're now a one car family. We're going car shopping this weekend to see what we see. I'm not looking forward to it, but I know it needs to be done.
3 comments:
It must be the pregnancy hormones b/c I even got a tear in my eye reading your post!!! :) (I think it was the part about Jim taking off the license plate)
Come on now, nothing lasts forever.
You are definitely letting the preggo hormones take over. Just say no to preggo hormones and yes to a brand new dodge caravan to be filled with babies!
it's not the hormones -- i cried when i sold my miata, which i had for ten years.
Post a Comment