Look at this belly! I have really grown the past few weeks and am starting to feel pretty big! I know I'll get much bigger, but wow... its amazing to watch your own body transform this way.
Here I am at 24 weeks!
Sorry the picture is blurry. We're waiting for our new digital camera to get shipped to us any day now.
I am feeling pretty good although I'm really feeling heavier and that I can't move around quite as easily as I once could. I did the Susan G. Komen Walk this weekend in Atlanta with my friend Steffani and although I felt great during the walk - I was completely exhausted the rest of the day. I made it to Lowes to shop for paint, and spent the rest of the day on the couch with my feet up.
My ankles disappear between about 1pm -10pm every day. Its depressing. Walking does help with the circulation a bit, but unfortunately I dont get a chance to walk around much during the day. Im stuck behind a desk. I try to get some exercise when I get home. I need to take advantage of these amazing temperatures in the evenings before its too hot to walk even at night!
Other than the swelling and just getting a little slower getting around- I feel really good. Baby Herndon is punching and kicking daily just like she should be. Jim thinks he felt her once on my belly - but Im not sure if he just said that because I was so excited to have him feel her. Im hoping he'll feel her again soon. I think he will - her movements are becoming bigger and more pronounced every day.
I go for my glucose screening test on Wednesday. Even though I've been eating lots of sweets lately, I still think my glucose levels will be fine. Cross your fingers for me! If my levels are too high in this test - I have to go for a three hour screening.
Thanks for checking in!
1 comment:
Emily,
You make such a beautiful preggy (I made that word up)! I do have some advice about the glucose test. I made the mistake of eating a late lunch consisting of a calzone before my test. Apparently pizza and the likes are high glucose foods. Therefore I failed my test miserably and had to do the horrible 3 hour test which I passed no problem. Just FYI, you might want to steer clear of those foods. They also say exercising the night before your test reduces your glucose level, though I don't think that's necessarily a good thing because you'd probably want/need to know if you actually had gestational diabetes.
You are getting so close though and you are doing amazingly! Keep up the good work! You look beautiful no matter if you can see your ankles or not! Take care!
Ivey
Post a Comment